Friday 16 September 2016

New release from Calvin Harris


Calvin Harris is back including his own vocals in his new track 'My Way'

As we all know Calvin Harris is an amazing artist/DJ/producer you name it he can probably do it and deserves a lot of credit. However, and with deep sadness, (because I had a lot of high expectations for this), I have to say I think he has done and can do a lot better. I dislike being negative towards songs because I know I could never make anything like this myself in a million years, but based on musical opinion I think this could of had so much more to give. Not only is it a little repetitive but I find it rather similar to 'OlĂ©'  by John Newman which I know Calvin produced but they are just a bit two similar for my liking.

Me and my dear music friends from Surge radio had hoped that this may have been a Frank Sinatra cover of his song 'My way' which I think could of been magical under the work of Calvin Harris, but sadly this was not to be.

Some positivity though is the fact that Calvin does provide his own vocals on this track and is almost like a blast from the past reminding me of his good old classics. I do like the fact he includes himself as well as other artists in his songs so there is some positivity in this review. The song also does have that nice Caribbean beach feel to it, but overall just needed a little bit more Calvin spice to it.  Loving the album artwork though.

No comments:

Post a Comment