Tuesday 20 September 2016

My favourite find so far for 2016...

 

Goes to Highly Suspect!

This is a band I came across whilst listening to recommendations the lovely Spotify provides. The moment I heard their song 'Lydia' , I began searching for other songs to check them out. Lydia was so good I did fear that it would be hard to top and they could be a one hit wonder, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Their album 'Mister Asylum' is jam packed with rocky, edgy tracks that could be repeated all day without ever getting boring. With only three band members, it's amazing how much of a kick this band can give.
 
The main thing I want to focus on here is their latest song 'My Name is Human'. This is a track that I could imagine on the Radio 1 rock show and as soon as it comes on the volume rides up a few bars. Although its a little more mellow than most the songs on Mister Asylum it still has a similar guitar and drum style particularly towards the end of the song and also packs a bit of a punch. I like that most of their songs have a build up but not so much so that it becomes overpowering.
 
In terms of live performances I've been lucky enough to see the band twice now. Once at a small venue in Camden and again at Reading Festival. They don't do anything particularly different than any other performer of this type of music, but their songs are so captivating that they don't really have to and I like they are all clearly being themselves on stage.
 
Excited to see what is to come from them and it is highly recommended you go watch their music video to 'Lydia' which features an amazing under water actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment